Houston Ballet is fully committed to the health and safety of our entire family — our audience, our artists, our staff and the entire community we serve throughout the season.
Houston Ballet will require all who attend our performances to follow the protocols below when in the Wortham Theater. As we are implementing safety measures to match rapidly changing conditions, please know that protocols may change as circumstances change.
As of September 7, 2021, all patrons attending a Houston Ballet event or performance will be required to wear a mask.
Below are additional protocols that will be in effect for the Sept. 30-Oct. 3 performances of Margaret Alkek Williams Jubilee of Dance. As health and safety protocols are refined, we will provide updates and specifics to patrons prior to our first public event.
What COVID-19-related changes can you expect at Houston Ballet performances?
- Hand sanitizing stations will be conveniently located throughout the venue.
- All staff and ushers will be fully vaccinated and masked at all times and will complete a pre-arrival health assessment.
- Any subscriber or ticket holder that feels unwell or (a) tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days (b) has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of attending a performance, or (c) is displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19, as outlined here by the CDC, should not come to the Wortham Theater Center. Please call the Houston Ballet box office at 713.227.2787 and we will be happy to work with you to reschedule your tickets.
- Ushers will no longer physically handle tickets and will have minimized touchpoints throughout the venue. Patrons should have their tickets in hand with the barcode facing out towards the usher upon arrival to the theater.
- Guests should expect limited and socially distanced seating in the Grand Foyer during performances. There will be no food or drink, including water, allowed inside the Brown or Cullen Theater.
- All patrons must wear a mask at all times, unless eating or drinking, while inside the Wortham Theater Center. Masks must be worn properly over the mouth and nose for the duration of their time in the theater. No one will be admitted into the building without a mask. Patrons that do not comply with stated health and safety protocols will be required to leave the theater and tickets will not be refunded.
What is the Wortham Theater Center doing to make your theater experience safer?
- Wortham Theater Center’s air handlers have been fitted with MERV 13 filters for higher-efficiency air filtration.
- All escalators are equipped with UV-C sanitizers to consistently disinfect handrails.
- All high contact points – ticket scanner, card swipes and counter will be periodically sanitized during the intake of the audience before the start of the performance.
- Continuing the use of CDC-approved cleaning products, theaters and commonly used areas will be sprayed with electrostatic sprayers containing hospital-grade disinfectants.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I am uncomfortable attending a performance or am unable to attend due to illness?
Houston Ballet is committed to honoring the value of your tickets through our flexibility promise, the HB Guarantee. If a ticket holder does not feel comfortable attending a performance or cannot attend due to illness, Houston Ballet will work with you to reschedule tickets, apply the value of the tickets to an HB credit for a future performance in the 21-22 season or donate your tickets back to the Foundation. Read more about our HB Guarantee, including our cancellation policy, here.
Who can I talk to if I want to make changes to my tickets?
Our Box Office is open and ready to help with any questions or concerns! Contact our customer service representatives by emailing email@example.com calling 713.227.2787 (ARTS) or visit our Box Office in-person at Wortham Theater Center at 501 Texas Avenue, Houston, TX 77002. Our current office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM.