Houston Ballet is fully committed to the health and safety of our entire family — our audience, our artists, our staff and the entire community we serve throughout the season.
Masks are recommended for all patrons attending a Houston Ballet event or performance in the 2022-2023 season.
Below are additional protocols that will be in effect for all Houston Ballet performances at the Wortham Theater Center. As health and safety protocols are refined, we will provide updates and specifics to patrons prior to performances.
What COVID-19-related changes can you expect at Houston Ballet performances?
- Hand sanitizing stations will be conveniently located throughout the venue.
- Ushers will no longer physically handle tickets and will have minimized touchpoints throughout the venue. Patrons should have their tickets in hand with the barcode facing out towards the usher upon arrival to the theater.
- There will be no food or drink allowed inside the Brown or Cullen Theaters.
- All Houston Ballet staff members and ushers are fully vaccinated.
- Any subscriber or ticket holder that feels unwell or (a) tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days (b) has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of attending a performance, or (c) is displaying any symptoms related to COVID-19, as outlined here by the CDC, should not come to the Wortham Theater Center. Please call the Houston Ballet box office at 713.227.2787 and we will be happy to work with you to reschedule your tickets.
What is the Wortham Theater Center doing to make your theater experience safer?
- Wortham Theater Center’s air handlers have been fitted with MERV 13 filters for higher-efficiency air filtration.
- All escalators are equipped with UV-C sanitizers to consistently disinfect handrails.
- All high contact points – ticket scanner, card swipes and counter will be periodically sanitized during the intake of the audience before the start of the performance.
- Continuing the use of CDC-approved cleaning products, theaters and commonly used areas will be sprayed with electrostatic sprayers containing hospital-grade disinfectants.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I am uncomfortable attending a performance or am unable to attend due to illness?
Houston Ballet is committed to honoring the value of your tickets if a ticket holder does not feel comfortable attending a performance or cannot attend due to illness. Houston Ballet will work with you to reschedule your tickets for another performance in the 22-23 season or donate your tickets back to the Foundation.
Who can I talk to if I want to make changes to my tickets?
Our Box Office is open and ready to help with any questions or concerns! Contact our customer service representatives by emailing email@example.com calling 713.227.2787 (ARTS) or visit our Box Office in-person at Wortham Theater Center at 501 Texas Avenue, Houston, TX 77002. Our current office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM.