To inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography and superb educational programs.
In furtherance of our mission, we are committed to maintaining and enhancing our status as:
• A classically trained company with a diverse repertory whose range includes the classics as well as contemporary works.
• A company that attracts the world's best dancers and choreographers and provides them with an environment where they can thrive and further develop the art form.
• An international company that is accessible to broad and growing local, national, and international audiences.
• A company with a world-class Academy that provides first rate instruction for professional dancers and meaningful programs for non-professional dancers.
• A company with state-of-the-art facilities for performances, rehearsals and ongoing operations.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
Learn More about OUR IDEA Pledge
Houston Ballet Board of Trustees IDEA Statement
As we welcome our artists, staff, donors, and patrons of the ballet to our theater, the Board acknowledges this moment in time in our society, country and world. And as we reflect on the challenges all of us have faced and overcome, the Houston Ballet Board of Trustees affirms that dance should be accessible to all, and that art transcends bias.
Embodied in this affirmation is our belief that as an arts organization, it is important to welcome and stand with those whose differences have long been excluded. We are proud of our legacy of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, while acknowledging that our work in this pursuit is ongoing.
We support Houston Ballet’s efforts to be a welcoming place that strives to reflect the wonderful diversity of our great city of Houston in our audience, staff, artists, leadership, and Board of Trustees. Our goal is to ensure that our actions match our commitment - where students, artists, staff, trustees and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work, and serve.
We pledge to continue to inspire our community to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, with access to all as we strive to choreograph a better world.