Enjoy your Experience
Enjoy your Experience with Houston Ballet.
Before the Show:
Grab a drink, grab a snack! Dining and refreshments are available pre-show and during intermission in the Wortham Theater Center, provided by Levy Catering. You can also pre-order beverages at the wine or coffee bar in the foyer. However, please note that drinks are not allowed inside the Brown or Cullen Theater, so be sure to enjoy them before you enter to take your seat.
Restrooms are conveniently located on all floors, with accessible restrooms available in the Prairie lobby and the main foyer. We also have a family viewing area in the Brown alcove, perfect for those times when you or your child need a break from the auditorium, but still want to catch the action on stage. Booster seat rentals are available for anyone who needs a little extra height while seated.
Capture the Memory:
For the most Instagrammable spots, visit the foyer with its larger-than-life banners of our dancers. You can also take a photo with the performance information boards located near the top of the escalators. During the holiday season, arrive early to snap a picture in front of the Wortham Theater Christmas tree and gingerbread house.
Pick up the Perfect Gift:
Don't forget to check out the Houston Ballet boutique on the foyer level. You'll find wonderful holiday gifts for friends, and family, or even a special memento for yourself. The boutique is open an hour and a half before each performance, during intermission, and for 30 minutes after the show. Many exclusive items are not available online, so take advantage of the opportunity to purchase something unique while attending the performance.
Accessibility and Special Assistance:
Houston Ballet is committed to providing access for all patrons. If you need special accommodation or have questions, please contact our box office at 713-227-2787 before the performance. Wheelchair-accessible patron drop-off with assistance is available at the theater entrance on Prairie Street and reserved accessible parking is available in the Theater District parking garage on level three. Wheelchair seating locations can be found in the Orchestra, Grand Tier, and Founders Box levels. Assisted listening devices are also available for those with hearing impairment, and they can be arranged by requesting an usher upon arrival.
Lost and Found:
If you misplace something during your visit, please check with an usher to see if your item has been located. If you have already left the theater, please contact 832-487-7000 Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM for assistance.
To ensure a seamless experience for everyone, we kindly request that you adhere to the following policies:
- Late seating is not allowed while the performance is in progress. If you arrive late, you will be asked to stand in the Brown Alcove and watch a live stream on monitors until a suitable time to be seated (usually during intermission).
- Please only occupy the seat that matches your ticket.
- Audiovisual recordings of any kind during the performance are strictly forbidden.
- Turn off and put away your mobile devices before the show starts to avoid distractions for both performers and fellow patrons. This includes smartwatches.
- Children attending a performance must have their own ticket and occupy their assigned seats. The Nutcracker is recommended for children five years and older. Children under the age of three are not permitted to attend performances.
- Smoking or vaping of any kind is not permitted inside the Wortham Theater Center.
- If you experience issues or have any concerns while attending a performance, please speak with your nearest usher or request a House Manager to assist with resolution.
- Our management reserves the right to remove any patron causing a disturbance and as a result, a refund will not be permitted.
Safety and Emergency Services:
EMT and HPD officers are on duty during all Houston Ballet performances to ensure the safety and well-being of our audience.
We hope you have a delightful experience at our performance. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please reach out to our staff. Thank you for joining us at Houston Ballet!
Houston Ballet's Theater Etiquette
We are dedicated to ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests. By purchasing a ticket or entering the Wortham Theater Center, you agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
1. Photography and Recording: Audio recording, video recording, photography of any kind, and the use of electronic devices or anything that will cause a disruption during the performance, such as cell phones, smart watches, tablets, etc. are strictly prohibited during Houston Ballet performances in the Wortham Theater Center. If you have any questions, please speak with an usher.
2. Seating: Each guest must have a ticket to enter the venue. Guests must occupy their assigned seat as indicated on their ticket.
3. Smoking and Alcohol: Smoking or vaping of any substance is not allowed inside the Wortham Theater Center. Guests enjoying alcoholic beverages are expected to drink responsibly, and any intervention with an impaired guest will be handled promptly and safely.
4. Compliance and Interference: Guests must comply with any requests made by Houston Ballet staff regarding venue operations and emergency response procedures. Interference with performers or events in any way is strictly prohibited.
5. Prohibited Items: Outside food and beverages (except bottled water), including leftovers and restaurant to-go bags, are not allowed. If you have a medical condition that requires specific accommodations, please approach security or other staff members for assistance. Additionally, the following items are prohibited:
- Interchangeable lens cameras, video or audio recording equipment
- Flashlights and laser pointers
- Illegal substances
- Noisemaking devices and fireworks
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us create a safe environment for all. We want to ensure that everyone has a wonderful and memorable experience at Houston Ballet performances. If you have any questions or require assistance during your visit, please reach out to our staff. We hope you enjoy the performance!
A Midsummer Night's Dream
September 8 - 17, 2023
September 21- October 1, 2023
February 22 - March 3, 2024