Subject to change as needed. Houston Ballet Academy makes all decisions with the health and safety of its artists, students and staff in mind.
Students who take classes in person must agree to abide by the following systems and procedures that were designed to maintain a hygienic environment and mitigate spread of COVID-19. These guidelines are approved by our health partner, Houston Methodist.
For Fall 2021, Pre-Professional and Professional Program families may enroll in two ways:
1) In-Person: all classes taken at the Center for Dance.
2) Virtual: all classes live online.
If community spread is uncontained in Houston, Houston Ballet Academy (HBA) reserves the right to offer Virtual classes only.
Arrival at the Center for Dance
- Students will be assigned staggered arrival and departure times.
- Late arrival is not permitted.
- Families should drop off students using the driveway entering from Congress Street.
- Preston Street (use driveway with entrance on Congress Street)
- Class Monitors will screen students and send them up appropriate stairwells to studios.
- Preston Street entrance will use the Center Stairwell
- Teacher, pianist,and students must sanitize their hands before leaving the studio.
- Teacher will dismiss students one at a time; students exit using the appropriate stairwell.
- Students line up 6 feet apart from one another using floor markers.
- Class Monitor and Security communicate via walkie talkie about parent arrival
- Students exit one at a time
- Parents/guardians must pickup their dancer at assigned times
- Students are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Students are required to maintain at least 6 ft. physical distance at all times in the Center for Dance as indicated by markings in studios and throughout the building.
- Students who are unable to follow HBA COVID-19 Guidelines may be asked to withdraw from the Houston Ballet Academy.
- Students enrolled in the year round professional program must be fully vaccinated.
- Students enrolled in the Summer Intensive Program must be fully vaccinated.