Academy Administrative Associate
Reports to: Academy Administrator
Status: *Full-time/Exempt with benefit package
Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm
* Available to work nights and weekends for performances, and/or auditions as necessary.
Summary: The Administrative Associate’s primary responsibility is to be the central information center for Academy programs, activities, and events. Other duties include assisting the Registrar with payment processing, data collection and data entry, and to support other Academy staff as directed by the Administrator, and other duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain consistent communications with parents, students and new customers as needed through email, phone and when visited in person.
- Edit, revise and disseminate Academy calendar
- Assist in editing school web site and brochure
- Write up monthly board meeting reports as directed
- Edit and revise Nutcracker packets for upper and lower school students and disseminate
- Maintain minutes of all meetings as directed and disseminate as needed
- Write up news letter materials as needed
- Support the Administrative team as needed and directed by Administrator
- Assist Registrar with data and payment entry as needed
- Assist with lobby monitor duties, receptionist duties and adult class registration as needed
- Coordinate public relations request for student appearances
- Coordinate and maintain the schedule for Nutcracker Booth
- Coordinate Pilates appointments
- Coordinate Career Planning materials and meetings
- Coordinate the communications for lower school students participating in company performances
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- Be able to work nights and weekends for performances or auditions as necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and make effective decisions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Knowledge of dance
To Apply please attach a Cover Letter, Resume and Three (3) referencesto:
Human Resources Manager
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.