2019-2020 PRE-PROFESSIONAL & PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM AUDITIONS:
Upcoming Audition Dates:
December 14, 2019
This audition is for the 2019-2020 Academy Year Spring semester which begins January 6th, 2020.
Audition start times:
Check-in 10:30 AM - 10:55 AM
Audition 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM
Check-in 11:00 AM - 11:25 AM
Audition 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM
Please note that due to high demand, we are unable to consider new students of ages 7 and 8 at our December 14th audition.
We encourage all ages to audition for our 2020 Summer Programs. The Summer Audition Tour will be in Houston in January and February 2020. For more information please visit our Summer Programs page HERE.
Audition Class Attire:
Ladies: Solid color leotard and pink tights, ballet slippers (pointe shoes for ladies ages 13-17)
Men: Solid color shirt and black or grey tights, ballet slippers
How to Pre-Register for Auditions:
- Complete the 2019 - 2020 Audition Pre-registration form. The pre-registration link to the form is available HERE. Pre-registration will close 3 days prior to the date of the audition.
- Select desired audition and complete all requested information.
- To complete your registration, you will be required to submit a $35 credit card payment. Students may register in person on the date of the audition, but a cash or check payment of $40 will be required. Credit cards will not be accepted on the day of the audition.
- Please bring the following items to the audition:
- Receipt of pre-registration payment
- Two photos of you (any size)
- Headshot (for all ages)
- First arabesque tendu (ages 9 - 11) or a full body photo in first arabesque (ages 12 and up). Headshot only required for ages 7 & 8.
- Completed audition information form. Click here to download the audition form.
Following the Audition:
Audition results will be e-mailed to each student within two weeks. After a student has been accepted into the Academy, all registration forms must be completed by the specified deadline in order to secure a class place. Classes will be closed once they reach their maximum capacity.
Video auditions are accepted for both the Pre-Professional and Professional Programs, but in-person auditions are strongly encouraged. All video auditions must be submitted through the link below with a $45.00 USD credit card payment. Emailed video links and mailed DVDs will not be acknowledged or returned. To be considered for the 2020 Spring Semester, submissions must be completed by December 30, 2019.
Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/houstonballet to review requirements and submit video audition materials.
For information on auditions for our Summer Programs, please CLICK HERE.
Summer Intensive Audition Tour 2020 information will be posted in November.