2018-2019 Pre-Professional & Professional Program Auditions:
Upcoming Audition Dates:
December 1, 2018
(Ages 7 – 11) Will begin at 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
(Ages 12 +) Will begin at 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Please check in at least one hour before your audition begins.
How to Pre-Register for Auditions:
- Log in here to complete the 2018-2019 Audition Preregistration form. Pre-registration will close 3 days prior to the date of the audition.
- Select desired audition and complete all requested information.
- To complete your registration, you will be required to submit a $35 credit card payment. Students may register in person on the date of the audition, but a cash or check payment of $40 will be required. Credit cards will not be accepted on the day of the audition.
- Please bring the following items to the audition:
- Receipt of pre-registration payment
- Two photos of you (any size)
- Headshot (for all ages)
- First arabesque tendu (ages 9 - 11) or a full body photo in first arabesque (ages 12 and up). Headshot only required for ages 7 & 8.
- Completed audition information form. Click here to download the audition form.
Following the Audition:
Audition results will be e-mailed to each student within two weeks. After a student has been accepted into the Academy, all registration forms must be completed by the specified deadline in order to secure a class place. Classes will be closed once they reach their maximum capacity.
Video auditions are accepted for both the Pre-Professional and Professional Programs, but in-person auditions are strongly encouraged. All video auditions must be submitted through the link below with a $45.00 USD credit card payment. Emailed video links and mailed DVDs will not be acknowledged or returned. To be considered for the 2018-19 year, submissions must be completed by August 3, 2018.
Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/houstonballet to review requirements and submit video audition materials.
For information on auditions for our Summer Programs, please CLICK HERE.
Summer Intensive Audition Tour 2018 information will be posted in November.