2020-2021 PRE-PROFESSIONAL & PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM AUDITIONS:
Upcoming Audition Dates:
Saturday, August 15, 2020
This audition is for the 2020-2021 Academy Fall/Spring semesters which begin August 24, 2020.
Audition Class Attire:
Ladies: Solid color leotard and pink tights, ballet slippers (pointe shoes if applicable)
Men: Solid color shirt and black or grey tights, ballet slippers
How to Pre-Register for Auditions:
- Complete the 2020 - 2021 Audition Pre-registration form. The pre-registration link to the form is available HERE. Pre-registration will close 3 days prior to the date of the audition.
- Select desired audition and complete all requested information.
- To complete your registration, you will be required to submit a $35 credit card payment. Students may register in person on the date of the audition, but a cash or check payment of $40 will be required. Credit cards will not be accepted on the day of the audition.
- Please bring the following items to the audition:
- Receipt of pre-registration payment
- Two photos of you (any size)
- Headshot (for all ages)
- First arabesque tendu (ages 9 - 11) or a full body photo in first arabesque (ages 12 and up). Headshot only required for ages 7 & 8.
- Completed audition information form. Click here to download the audition form.
Following the Audition:
Audition results will be e-mailed to each student within two weeks. After a student has been accepted into the Academy, all registration forms must be completed by the specified deadline in order to secure a class place. Classes will be closed once they reach their maximum capacity.
Video auditions are accepted for both the Pre-Professional and Professional Programs, but in-person auditions are strongly encouraged. All video auditions must be submitted through the link below with a $50.00 USD credit card payment. Emailed video links and mailed DVDs will not be acknowledged or returned. To be considered for the Fall 2020 semester, videos may be submitted March 1 – August 15. To be considered for the Spring 2021 semester, videos may be submitted October 1 – December 15.
Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/houstonballet to review requirements and submit video audition materials.