Stage Manager / Associate Production Manager
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
CLASSIFICATION: *Full-Time/ Exempt Position with Benefits
*This position includes work covered by the AGMA collective bargaining agreement and at-will -employment.
Please note: This position requires significant work time during evenings, weekends and some holidays
Houston Ballet employs two stage managers / associate production managers that share duties in calling all Houston Ballet performances and special events, assist in studio rehearsals and maintain the Audio/Video library.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Call all score and movement based cues for performances and rehearsals in Houston and on tour.
- Create or compile show books for performances in the format assigned by Production Manager. Create all crew paperwork related to running the show, including but not limited to, run sheets, prop preset sheets, & fly rail sheets.
- Monitor contract rules and regulations for Dancers and Orchestra during stage rehearsals and performances.
- Assist Production Manager and Director of Production in supervising stage crew in execution of their rehearsal and performance duties.
- Work with Houston Ballet Academy staff in supporting the needs of the school as well as the needs of Houston Ballet II which includes performances in Houston and on tour as needed.
- Assist Production Manager and other production staff as assigned, coordinate annual maintenance and necessary replacement of audio/video equipment.
- Supervise videographer and process HD videos nightly during performance periods.
- Maintain CD, DVD and Digital video library.
- Maintain studios as needed including re-taping floors and quarter marks.
- Set up prop boxes and manage props in studio rehearsals.
- Assist artistic staff in studio with running of audio/video equipment as well as assist in creating track sheets for CD playback.
- Prepare dressing room assignments, company sign in sheets, room tags, performance reports as well as manage the call board at the theater.
- Assist Production Manager with setting up and running special events in black box theater.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Technical Theatre
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a stage management position with a large ballet company
- Must be able to read music including full orchestral scores
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and with varied personalities individually, as well in team setting
- Manage multiple priorities and projects
- Work well under pressure while managing deadlines
- Lift boxes, equipment, ladders, etc. weighing at least 50 pounds
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Experience working with Audio Editing software (i.e. ProTools)
- Experience working with Video Editing software (FinalCut Pro, iDVD, Compressor)
Please submit and attach to email Cover letter, Resume and Three ( 3) references to:
Human Resources Manager
Due to the large number of resume submissions we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRIES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex creed, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.