Reports to: Costume Shop Coordinator
Summary: The Wardrobe Department is looking to build their resume file with qualified cutter/drapers for work on future productions.
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Strong draping skills and a working knowledge of flat patterning/drafting including the sizing of existing patterns
- Ability to cut for large builds both in skill level and the ability to stand for long periods of time
- Skilled knowledge of fabric and construction techniques
- Experience with dance and ballet related fabrics, especially lycra, spandex, and a wide range of stretch fabrics
- Excellent stitching skills by hand and machine
- Ability to work comfortably with industrial and domestic sewing machines and sergers
- Must be very detail oriented
- Works will in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand and honor deadlines and budget limits
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Prior knowledge in making a classic plate tutu
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
* Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.