2016 Audition Tour
The 2016 audition tour has ended. Please check back in November for 2017 dates and locations.
San Francisco, CA
New York City, NY & Orange County, CA
Phoenix, AZ & Indianapolis, IN
District of Columbia
January 16 & February 13
Boca Raton, FL
Salt Lake City, UT
Admittance into the summer intensive program is by audition at one of our audition locations or by DVD. Houston Ballet Academy students enrolled for the 2017 Spring Semester do not need to audition for the summer program. The six-week summer intensive program for Levels 5 - 8 is June 19 - July 28, 2017. Level 5 students have the option of attending six weeks or the three-week program June 19-July 8, 2017.
ALL auditioners must print, complete, and bring this audition form to the audition. Online preregistration is strongly encouraged, but not required. Preregistration is available for each city until midnight on the Tuesday prior to each audition. Preregistration fee is nonrefundable $35 and in-person registration fee is nonrefundable $40. You may only audition in one city. You must audition in your age group based on your age the day of the audition. Students that are 11 years at the time of the audition old but will be 12 by the first day of the intensive may audition in the 12+ age group.
To preregister online:
- For existing users: If you have attended Houston Ballet Academy within the last 2 years, use your existing username and password and log in here.
- For new users: Create a new username and password here.
- Log in here and click on Registration Forms on the left side of the screen.
- Select the applicable (new or existing user) 2016 Audition Tour Preregistration Form. You will choose your audition city from a dropdown menu in the form.
- A nonrefundable $35 credit card payment is required to complete the form.
- In addition to preregistering online, you will need to complete, print, and bring a completed audition form, proof of payment, and 1st arabesque photo (en pointe or demi-pointe) and headshot to the audition. Hard copies of the form will be available at the audition.
Please arrive at the registration times corresponding to your age group listed below to check-in and receive your audition number. For day-of audition updates and weather issues, please check our Facebook account.
Video auditions: DVD auditions are accepted but an in-person audition is strongly preferred. DVDs may be mailed from January 1 through January 31. The Academy does not accept electronic submissions for the summer program. Required materials and form must be postmarked by the deadline. Video audition results will be conveyed by email by February 27.
Please refer to Summer Intensive FAQ's webpage for more information on video and on-site auditions.
Houston Ballet II Auditions: All audition tour cities will be Houston Ballet II consideration cities. If the adjudicator feels a student may be a candidate for HBII, the student will be notified via email and invited to attend an audition class at Houston Ballet Academy in the spring. Click here to watch a video about our Houston Ballet II program.
CLICK HERE to review our Summer Intensive FAQ's for additional information.