Reports to: Wardrobe Manager
Up to 40 hours a week.
Wardrobe Assistant works directly with Houston Ballet Production team in serving the needs of Houston Ballet at the Houston Ballet Center for Dance and at other venues in Houston as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Wardrobe Manager to create and maintain paperwork and inventories for all Company productions/rentals.
- Responsible for digital record of each production in shared wardrobe file.
- Attend all productions and planning meetings for Company productions.
- Coordinate with Wardrobe Manager, Production Technical Coordinator regarding load-out/load-in needs of wardrobe boxes shipping to Center for Dance, Wortham theatre or rental destinations.
- Coordinates with Wardrobe Manager regarding scheduling and staffing of warehouse activity (general clean-up, re-stocking, and Company tour load-out/load-in and miscellaneous tasks).
- Pull and organize costumes out of Rep and rental for fitting and performance purposes.
- Research additional information not sent with rentals necessary to coordinate production.
- Oversee the inventory and check in of all rental productions to be used by HBF Company for Rep purposes, photo shoots, TV shoots or specialty projects
- Project potential fitting issues due to casting, shares and/or condition of the costumes in a timely manner to Wardrobe Manager and Costume Shop Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance/upkeep of machinery in Wortham wardrobe rooms.
- Reports issues to Wardrobe Shop Supervisor.
- Assist, advises and supports preparation and costuming needs of all Company TV shoots, photo shoots, PR events and guesting requests
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater or a relative field
- Basic computer competency including the use of MS Office
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of costume experience with one preferably in leadership
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Human Resources Manager
* Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position.
* Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRIES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.