Summer Program Chaperone
Reports to: Administrator and Associate Director
Dates needed: June 13-July 27, 2013
Summary: 100+ students are housed at a dormitory for their 6-week summer intensive program that runs June 13 - July 27 2013. The chaperones are responsible for providing safety and security to the students while providing a comforting and nurturing environment for the students. Chaperones have a private room and bathroom at the dormitory and stay overnight 6 nights per week. Each chaperone has 1.5 days off per week, but is required to work during the weekends.
- Provide safety and security to assigned students (approximately 14 students per chaperone) while creating a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Supervise and live with students 6 days a week for 6 weeks at the dormitories. Each chaperone will get 1.5 days off per week.
- Transport students in a 15-passenger van
- Private, furnished room (cable TV hook-up, microwave, refrigerator), and private restroom
- Cellular phone for work use
- Breakfast and dinner each work day
- Reimbursement for activities and dinners while chaperoning students
- Complimentary tickets to Houston Ballet and Academy performance
- $2,970 salary
- Satisfactory background and driving record check
- Experience working with teenagers
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and nurturing personality
- Accountability and responsibility
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to drive 15-passenger van
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
To apply: Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Human Resources Manager
No phone inquiries, please
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.