Reports to: Production Manager
Status: Full-time/Exempt with benefits package
Direct Reports: Shoe Room personnel
Summary: The Production Coordinator assists the Production Manager with all things production related, maintains organization of the production office and master production calendar, and manages the shoe room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain organization of the production office and master production calendar
- Maintain production accounts payable and payroll processing
- Handle all incoming production and shoe invoices.
- Assist Production Manager with season budgeting and goal tracking
- Monitor and report production spending using QuickBooks
- Filter production requests to the proper person and follow up on job completion
- Assist the Production Manager with all rentals.
- Maintain relationships with IATSE Local #51, IATSE Local #896, IATSE National Benefits, United Scenic Artists and Wortham Center Operating Company
- Monthly reconciliation of department credit card spending
- Arrange for local and international shipping/ customs paperwork for tours and rentals
- Work with General Manager on touring contracts for travelling crew heads
- Prepare quarterly shoe reports for finance/artistic staff
- Maintain relations with shoe companies
- Coordinate with Wardrobe for each production regarding shoes
- Create and maintain shoe reference books
- Arrange and support regular professional shoe fittings by major vendors
- Work with dancers/vendors/ artistic staff to solve individual footwear problems
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work individually with varied personalities as well as in a team setting
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of implementing and creating budgets
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding and knowledge in Microsoft Word , Quickbooks (or other accounting software) and Excel
- Bachelors Degree
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Dance/Theatre
- Basic dance shoe knowledge
- Experience in personnel management
To Apply please attach Cover Letter, Resume, Salary requirements and Three (3) References to:
Human Resources Manager
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
Due to the large number of resumes we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.