Reports to: Production Manager
*Seasonal position begins May 2013 and runs through May 2014. Exact dates TBD
Summary: The Production Assistant works directly with the Production team in serving the needs of Houston Ballet and its Academy at the Center for Dance and at other venues in Houston as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Houston Ballet Academy staff with production related requests
- Run Houston Ballet Academy performances at the Houston Ballet Center for Dance and in other venues as needed
- Assist Houston Ballet Stage Managers with maintenance of rehearsal studios
- Complete audio / video requests as needed
- Assist in archiving Houston Ballet related production files
- Other job duties as assigned.
Minimum REQUIRED Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater with an emphasis in Stage Management
- Basic computer competency including the use of MS Office
- Ability to read and understand ground plans and other technical paperwork
Preferred ADDITIONAL Qualifications:
- Experience working with lighting & sound consoles
- Experience working with Dance
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a *cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Human Resources Manager
* Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.