Academy Administrative Associate
Houston Ballet strives to find the most artistic and motivated people to join our company. If you are excited about a fast paced, challenging, growing organization, this may be the position for you! The Academy Administrative Associate serves as an information resource for the Academy who is responsible for the preparation and communications of Academy information to staff, parents, and students. This position also serves as general support for administrative Academy functions and works within a ballet school environment that serves the community as well as providing professional training for students from around the world.
Support for Academy Director:
- Answer calls
- Coordinate parent, student and staff appointments
- Manage calendar
- Assist in planning and implementation of special projects
- Prepare meeting materials and record minutes of meetings
- Attend all meetings as requested by Director
- Write and edit for Academy portion in Ballet News publications
- Communication: Academy contact (greeting parents and students and respond to telephone inquiries)
- Assist Student Coordinator when necessary
- Student and Parent Communication
- Prepare and distribute Nutcracker and Spring Performance packets to students and parents
- Coordinate lower and middle school student participation in company performances
- Student Correspondence: Produce student recommendation letters as requested
General Administrative Support:
- Academy contact (greeting parents and students and responding to telephone and email inquiries)
- Assist with processing payments as directed by the Registrar
- Sell adult class cards as needed
- Relieve receptionist duties once a week during relief lunch hour
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and make effective decisions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of dance is a plus
- Reliable transportation with valid driver's license
- Dance background preferred
To Apply: please submit and attach to an email a resume and 3 references to HR@houstonballet.org.
* Only applicants that meet the required qualifications and that submit ALL of the requested documents will be considered for this position.
* Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will be unable to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRIES, PLEASE
Houston Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, age, non-job-related disability or marital status.