Education Outreach Frequently Asked Questions
Photo by: Bruce Bennett
1. We are a home school group, can we gain access to Houston Ballet's Education Outreach programming?
Of course! We ask for a minimum of 10 students. If you have an open space that works for movement, we can come to you. Or, schedule permitting, we can host your home school group at Houston Ballet Center for Dance.
2. What is an acceptable space for hosting a dance class?
Houston Ballet's Education Outreach Teaching Artists are very flexible. Spaces that work best for us are uncarpeted, and have lots of room to move. In the past we have worked in dance studios, gyms, cafeterias, multi-purpose rooms, and any classroom in which the furniture can be moved to the side to make room for your student dancers.
3. What do we need to provide for Houston Ballet Education Outreach Teaching Artists when they come to our school?
You provide the space, the dancers, and a school representative to help monitor the class. If you have a sound system that works for CD/iPod, that helps our teaching artists, but as long as we know in advance, we can provide our own. A class roster and/or student name tags help our Teaching Artists learn student names faster.
4. Can we exceed the 25-student limit for dance classes?
We want our classes to be as educational as possible, so we prefer to keep the number at 25, especially for elementary aged students. If your group has more than 25, please contact the Education Outreach department and we will clear it with your assigned Teaching Artist.
5. Will the students have something to perform at the end of the program?
Well, that depends on the program. Learning from the Masters classes are designed to be technique classes. If your school wants choreography, please contact the Education Outreach department. That service may require a fee. There are some Dance to Learn programs that have a culminating project. HBASP has a culminating presentation at the end of each semester.
6. What is the cost for Houston Ballet Education Outreach Programs?
Everything is free except Student Matinees. Tickets to these company performances are sold at a significantly reduced rate. Please visit Group Sales for more information.
For additional questions and more information, please contact email@example.com